Diocese of Limerick
Safeguarding Children Policy Statement
The Limerick Diocese values and encourages the participation of children in the life of the Church and is committed to practice, which protects children from harm and abuse. Staff, volunteers, clergy and religious in this Diocese accept and recognise our responsibilities to develop awareness of the issues, which cause children harm. We will endeavour to safeguard children by -
- Adopting Child Protection Guidelines including Health & Safety, Elements of Good Practice, and Code of Behaviour for staff and volunteers.
- Sharing information about child protection and good practice with children, parents, staff, volunteers, clergy and religious.
- Sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know, and involving parents and children appropriately.
- Following carefully the procedures for Recruiting, Training and Managing staff and volunteers, clergy and religious.
- Providing effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support and training.
We are also committed to reviewing our policy and good practice procedures on an annual basis.